I am definitely going to participate in this challenge again this year. Hosted by Yvonne at Socrates Book Reviews. I enjoyed trying to find cozies that fit into different categories this year. It added an extra bit of interest to my already busy cozy reading schedule. Cozies are definitely my go to read when I am looking to escape into a book without having to focus too hard.
The levels of the challenge are as follows:Level one (Snoop) -
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) -
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) -
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) - Going for this in B
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B)Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
The challenge runs from 1/1/-12/31/21. Books don't have to be unique to this challenge and can be in any format. Reviews are not required but always encouraged. You can track on a blog, Goodreads or just post in comments on the host site.
So pick up a cozy and get reading.
- - One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- READ Killer Kung Pao by Vivien Chien
- READ Forests, Fishing & Forgery by Tonya Kappes
- READ Death of an Irish Diva by Mollie Cox Bryan
- READ The Sinister Superyacht by Ana T. Drew 1/4/21
- READ Cold Case Crumble by Jennifer Joy
- READ Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts by Tonya Kappes
- READ Misalignment and Murder by Cathy Tully
- READ Peril Through the Panama Canal by Lizzie Josephson
- READ The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
- READ Lost Palm by Chris Niles