Sunday, October 31, 2021

Vanilla Vendetta

 I finally started this series by Rosie A Point.  I have had it checked out in my Kindle Unlimited account for months now.  I'm not really sure what I think of the series yet.  I will finish the other 2 in the box set before deciding whether I will continue on with the series or not.  
The book was a quick and easy read that I finished within a day but I did find the main character a bit annoying.  Charlie is a spy in hiding and I found that concept to be a bit far fetched for some reason.  I think I found her character to be over the top and not very believable.  I guess I just have trouble visualizing James Bond/Mission Impossible being a character in a cozy mystery.   The series is titled Mission Inn Possible, playing on the surname of the owner of the B&B that is central to the story.  I guess that should be an indication that it is meant to be somewhat cheeky and a play on the theme.

As mentioned, I will continue to give the next 2 books a try before I make a final decision on the series.  Maybe the characters will grow on my as they develop in the series.  


Vanilla VendettaVanilla Vendetta by Rosie A. Point
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My verdict is still out on this series. While I ended up liking the mystery and the characters, the premise behind our main character's arrival in Gossip, TX seemed a bit fanciful. The spy in hiding felt a bit over the top for me but Ms. Point did a wonderful job of progressing Charlie from a high strung spy to settling into her role as a maid at a B&B. The guilty party was a bit of a surprise so that will keep the reader guessing. If you don't mind a cozy with a bit of a stretch on the back story of the main detective then this is a good series to try.

View all my reviews


  

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. AtoZ   #2021AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge   "V"
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #124
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #138
  4. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #81
  5. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #118
  6. Craving for Cozies  Book #99
  7. Pick your Poison #19-1 A book about secret societies/clubs 
  8. Backpacking Bookworm  #bbReadingChallenge2021 
  9. Medical Examiner Challenge  1 Toe Tags
  10. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scenes 
      • Row 3
        • Bar, store, restaurant
    • Weapons
      • Row 1 
        • Poison, poisoned food
    • Detectives- Charlie/ Gamma
    • Victims- Pete 
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #76  Shot #1


   

No comments:

Post a Comment