Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Quiche of Death

 This is the first Agatha Raisin book by M.C. Beaton and is the first book I have read in the series.    I thoroughly enjoyed the book in the end.  At first I felt Agatha was an annoying character who I had found irritating in the first portion of the book.   As I read further into the story, I came to realize this was the author's intention.    In addition to the mystery at the center of the story, there was definitely an underlying development of her character and her relationship with her new neighbors   I appreciated this focus of the story and the fact the book didn't actually end with the solution of the mystery.  The story continued to showcase Agatha and her budding friendship with her neighbors.  I look forward to reading more in the series.


The Quiche of DeathThe Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

I will admit when I first started reading this book I did NOT like the MC, Agatha Raisin. That being said, that was the author's intention as it became clear. The reader is not only given the pleasure of reading a cozy mystery that is well written with plenty of misdirection and guessing as to the guilty party. The story has the added benefit of being a novel about Agatha Raisin and her transition into retirement and her new lifestyle in Carsley. I appreciated the fact the story didn't end when the mystery was wrapped up, but rather we continue to see Agatha develop as a character . It felt like a little deeper book than the typical cozy. 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

    1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #135
    2. AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge "Q"
    3. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book # 114
    4. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice #53
    5. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
    6. Six Shooter-  1st shot new target

    No comments:

    Post a Comment