Friday, December 18, 2020

Shakespeare light

 I selected the book, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories by Angela McAllister to provide a prompt for several of my challenges.  These were a little bent in their intentions but since the year was ending and I am not a huge reader of plays and classics I decided to go this route.  I am resolving myself to read a few classics next year and to not procrastinate til Dec to do so.

The book was an enjoyable refresher for plays I had read and a nice overview of the plots for ones I had not read previously.  It is a great book for sharing Shakespeare with younger readers as well.   Very nice illustrations in the book too.  

A Stage Full of Shakespeare StoriesA Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories by Angela McAllister
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

great synopsis of Shakespearre's works. perfect for those looking to share with children or just get a personal refresher on what the plays were all about 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #136
  2. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge #3-  with a  great first line-  Twelfth Night
  3. NJM #NJMBookChallenge2020 #8- pre 1900s
  4. Book List Queen #30 A Play
  5. 2020 TBR  #2020TBRReadingChallenge #22- a classic
  6. Monthly Keyword-  #MonthlyKeyWordChallenge- "of"

No comments:

Post a Comment