This is the 2nd book in the Courtney Archer series by Rosemarie Ross. This book is also set at the Poconos resort where they are filming the Great American Bake Off. Courtney finds herself embroiled in controversy and murder in this installment. Once again a cast member of the cooking show is suspected of murder. Courtney cannot help her curiosity and gets in the middle of it despite warnings from head of security, Drake and Eric, her manager. As if this isn't enough to keep her busy she is in the middle of revealing some info about her own cooking show that could ruin her career.
The series is especially enjoyable if you like watching cooking competitions but even if you don't the characters interact well and the mystery keeps the reader on their toes.
Finished Off in Fondant by Rosemarie Ross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I enjoyed reading this second installment in the Bake off series set in the Poconos. Again during a taping one of the cast members comes under suspicion for murder. Fortunately all the pieces work out and the killer is caught with a few twists and turns along the way. It's a fun series that is especially engaging if you are a big watcher of the reality tv food shows.
View all my reviews
The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge Book #20
- Alphabet Soup Author Edition #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge "R"
- Finishing the Series #FinishingTheSeries2021 book 2 caught up in series
- Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021 Book #29
- Back List Reader #Backlistreader Book #32
- Calendar of Crime #CalendarOfCrime2021
- Cruisin thru Cozies Freebie #5
- Cloak & Dagger #CloakDaggerChal Book #21
- Craving for Cozies Book #18
- Nerd Daily #NERDREADING2021 #46 a pink cover
- Bookworm #36 free space level 3
- Magic in the Books Book 5 #2 with a pink cover
- Pick your Poison #10-1 paperback book
- Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags
- Beachcomber Challenge
- Crime Scenes
- Row 4
- Hotel room
- Row 2