Monday, December 7, 2020

Artemis Fowl

 I selected this book as my choice for Book becoming a movie in 2020.  It is definitely not a book I would normally have selected.  The interesting part for me was how Artemis Fowl is not at all what I expected him to be in multiple ways.  

The world that Eoin Colfer has imagined is quite intriguing and has an interesting explanations for Leprechauns and other magical creatures.  This is a great book for a child who has a vivid imagination and also likes logical/mystery type books.  I ended up enjoying the book after I settled into it as it wasn't what I was expecting at first.  The characters grew on me and they are quite well developed.

Now I just need to go watch the movie.


Artemis FowlArtemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars 

enjoyable Middle Grade book I read for some 2020 book challenges for book becoming a movie in 2020. I found myself growing attached to the characters as time progressed in the book. It was possible to find redeeming aspects of the antagonists by the end of the story. There was some very clever plot twists/deeply thought out strategies. Now I am curious to watch the movie 

View all my reviews



The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Book List Queen #1- Book Becoming Movie in 2020
  2. NJM #NJMBookChallenge2020  #5- a book made into a film/tv series 
  3. 2020 TBR  #2020TBRReadingChallenge #3- novel that will get a movie adaptation in 2020
  4. TBR Book #56  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon

No comments:

Post a Comment