Thursday, March 4, 2021

A Book Signing to Die For

 This is the first in a new series for me, Cozy Mysteries to Die for, by Judy Moore.  Coincidentally after I selected this book from Kindle Unlimited, I realized I had another book selected for the year by this author, Murder in Vail.  I certainly hope I enjoy that book as much as I did this cozy. 

The book centers around 3 strong female leads.  The O'Rourke ladies live in FL where they run a book shop with a cafe attached.  Beck and Grammy run the store, while Lizzie, the younger sister, lifeguards at the beach.  The relationship between the 3 women is developed nicely in the story, with the sisters getting on each other's nerves but also being supportive without question when necessary.

The mystery itself is an intriguing puzzle with a twist at the end that was certainly unexpected.  After reviewing the outcome the clues were presented subtlety but not in such an obvious way that the guilty party was revealed too early in the story.   I look forward to reading more in the series


A Book Signing To Die ForA Book Signing To Die For by Judy Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyable beach cozy

A fun cozy with a great twist. The O’Rouke women are great characters with strong family ties and strong personalities. Looking forward to reading more about Beck, Lizzie and their Grammy

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Alphabet Soup Author Edition #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge  "M"
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #28
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #31
  4. Calendar of Crime  #CalendarOfCrime2021   
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies   Freebie #4
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #20
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #17
  8. Bookworm  #24 free space level 2
  9. Medical Examiner Challenge  1 Toe Tags
  10. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scenes 
      • Row 2
        • Alley or mews
    • Weapons
      • Row 2 
        • Rock, brick, blunt object
    • Detectives- Beck/Grammy/Lizzie
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #51  Shot #1


No comments:

Post a Comment