Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The Langoliers

 This is the first Stephen King book I have read, I needed to read one for the 52 Books in 52 weeks  challenge.  I have seen some movies based on his books but I've never attempted to read one.  Originally I had selected to read 11/22/63 but the sheer size of it turned me off as the year progressed on my challenges and I decided this one was a much more manageable length.  

Generally I am not a big horror reader and that tends to be what I associate King with in terms of genres.  This book was somewhat of a horror book, but more so I would say it was a SciFi book.  

The premise of what happened on a flight across country while the characters were sleeping is a terrifying idea to say the least.  I did find myself very engaged in their emotions and felt as though I was in the center of the action.  I kept trying to figure out what was going on and how it would end, just as a person experiencing the book itself would probably have been feeling.  I was pleasantly surprised at how it ended, not a clean pat resolution but one that resolved the situation and kept with the overall story premise.  I am glad I stepped outside my comfort zone and read the book.  I look forward to reading 11/22/63 in the future.  

The LangoliersThe Langoliers by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

What a crazy intense story

This is quite a fascinating sci fi thriller. As I read it I felt like I was there with the characters and experiencing the same emotions as them. It takes a bit of time to settle into the story but once it gets going hold on. I kept wondering what the twist would be and it wasn’t what I expected at all. 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #133
  2. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #19- A Stephen King novel 
  3. Book List Queen #14- Famous Author You’ve Never Read
  4. 20 in 20 #Read20in2020 #6 Book originally published in 1990s 


No comments:

Post a Comment