This challenge is hosted over on Socratesbookreviews Click the banner below to go to the signup page.
The levels of the challenge are as follows:
Level one (Snoop) -
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) - I AM TRYING FOR THIS in B
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) -
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) -
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B)Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
The challenge runs from 1/1/-12/31/20. Books don't have to be unique to this challenge and can be in any format. Reviews are not required but always encouraged. You can track on a blog, Goodreads or just post in comments on the host site.
So pick up a cozy and get reading.
Here's my list: Trying for Investigator
Note: books are linked to my review page on GoodReads. Date listed is completion Date
- Culinary Cozy Read- Eggs on Ice by Laura Childs; Cackleberry Club #8 1/2/20
- blog post and Goodreads review