Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A cozy little Jack O Lantern mystery

Over the weekend we were quite busy running to different sport activities.  I decided to take along a paperback cozy instead of the hardback copy of the Ninth House that I am reading.

I read my library copy of Death by Jack O'Lantern by Alexis Morgan.  This is the 2nd book in the Abby McCree series.  I enjoyed this one as much as the first one I read in 2019.  My review is linked below.

This meets the October #8 category for the Calendar of Crime challenge.  I have completed my 3rd cozy of the year for my Craving a Cozy challenge and my 4th Cloak and Dagger mystery.  I also submitted another toe tag for the Medical Examiner challenge.  I have also journeyed to Washington for the Literary Escape challenge with this story. 

Death by Jack-o'-Lantern (Abby McCree Mystery #2)Death by Jack-o'-Lantern by Alexis Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the second book in the Abby McCree series set in Snowberry Creek,WA. The book was a typical mystery set around the Halloween season. There were the typical clues and false leads found in cozies. The relationship between Abby and her tenant, Tripp, continues to develop awkwardly. This book did have a bit of a thought provoking undertone about how veteran are often misunderstood and the sad realities of the suffering some of them experience due to their times on active duty. All in all an enjoyable book


View all my reviews


Challenge Tracking:

Be sure to check out my Challenge tracker tab at the top of the page to see how I am doing on my different challenges.

  1. Library Love-  Book 5
  2. TBR Book #5  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon
  3. Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge  "A"
  4. AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge "D"
  5. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger: Book 4 
  6. Cruising through cozies -  Holiday Cozy 
  7. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
  8. Mystery Bingo:  
    • Red Herring :  Dog didn't bark
    • Clues:  Rain storm
  9. Color Coded:    #8  Other color-  Orange
  10. Finishing the Series- Book #4 -the Abby McCree series as of Jan 2020
  11. Literary Escapes-  Snowberry Creek, WA
  12. Calendar of Crime-  October #8 month related item on cover- scarecrow
  13. Beat the Backlist #15 author who writes multiple genres
  14. Around the Year in 52 Books- #18 A book by an author you've only read once before
  15. 52 books in 52 weeks-  #8  Orange on the cover 
  16.  Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge #12  passes the Bechdel test
  17. NJM #NJMBookChallenge2020  #9 a book with a sassy heroine
  18.   Wizarding World Tour  Uagadou-  Read a book that includes an animal


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am enjoying working on it, although it is a bit much while still trying to set up all the challenges I am trying to track too

      Delete
  2. This sounds like one I might enjoy reading in October. I do try to match my books to holidays, even though I know it's silly.

    ReplyDelete