An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A fun cozy set in Key West. The main character, Hayley Snow, is a bit flighty but lovable character who makes some bumbling mistakes while trying to prove she didn't commit a murder of her ex's current flame. She is simultaneously trying to land a food critic job at a new magazine in town. All the while trying to prove to herself and her family she didn't make a mistake by following her heart to the Southernmost point in the US. If you enjoy reading about food dishes and the fun lifestyle of Key West you will enjoy this book.
View all my reviews
Challenge PromptsThe Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge - Book 15
- 52 Books in 52 weeks #12 A "guilty" pleasure
- TBR Book #13 #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon
- Literary Escapes- FL
- Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge "B"
- AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge "A"
- Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book 10
- Cruising through cozies - culinary #2
- Calendar of Crime- #CalendarOfCrime2020 Nov #4- Thanksgiving
- Medical Examiner- 1 Toe Tag for a poisoning
- Six Shooter- 1 shot on a new target for Lucy Burdette
- Mystery Bingo:
- Weapons card : poison
- Red Herring: someone gets tied up; former lover
- Crime Scenes: Kitchen