Saturday, May 2, 2020

Read Herring Hunt

This is the next installment in the Mystery Bookshop series by VM Hunt.   I enjoyed this book and reading about Sam and her friends and family again.  This time her renter/employee, Dawson, gets himself mixed up in a murder investigation.  Sam has come to feel as though Dawson is an adopted son to her and she is willing to do everything, including risking her life, to help prove his innocence.

This story further develops the characters and their relationships.  I really came to like the characters and to find myself disliking the protagonists.   There are few bits to the story that are a bit far fetched but all in all the main story is an enjoyable read.

Burns continues to have the parallel English pre war mystery set on the estate of Lord William.  There is a shooting party hosted there that is more than it seems as war is looming with Germany.  This storyline continues to have intrigue and romance.  A fun addition to the main storyline.

I will be reading the next installment as soon as I read some other books I need to finish prior to the library reopening in June.


Read Herring Hunt (Mystery Bookshop, #2)Read Herring Hunt by V.M. Burns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this second installment in the cozy series. Burns continues to write 2 mysteries within each book- the "live" action one and the character's novel one. This story is able to be read stand alone from the first but it is enjoyable to see the storyline progress. The characters are the same as in the first book and Burns continues to develop them and their relationships with one another. In this books she adds several new characters who are enjoyable to meet.

All in all a fun cozy mystery.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:

Possible prompts

I will decide as the year goes along which prompts I use it for on several challenges since it meets multiple criteria within the challenge.
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #40
  2. AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge-  R
  3. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  #32
  4. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice #5
  5. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tag 
  6. Six Shooter-  2nd shot for VM Burns
  7. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #31 A book featuring royalty

No comments:

Post a Comment