Of course Sam, Nana Jo and the ladies from Shady Acres have their hands full investigating this in addition to planning the wedding. It ends up being an all hands on deck and we get to catch up with Sam's nephews, Dawson, the MISU girls as well as meet some new characters who tug at your heart strings. The book definitively examines the concept that family is not only about blood and DNA.
There are plenty of comical moments to help offset the sad ones.
The series continues to be a fun read and I look forward to reading the next installment in the series.
Wed, Read & Dead by V.M. Burns
This installment in the Mystery Bookshop series is centered around the Christmas holidays and family. This book picks up where the last left off with a rush to plan the wedding in just 3 weeks. Enter an overbearing Wedding Planner and some pretentious relatives. The death of one of these annoying interlopers to the North Harbor group is not too heartbreaking. Of course Sam, Nana Jo and the ladies from Shady Acres have their hands full investigating this in addition to planning the wedding. The plot involves many comical moments and the reader cannot help but laugh at the way family members interact. All in all a fun story that introduces us to some new characters with secrets to keep.
View all my reviews
Challenge PromptsThe Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge - Book #48
- Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge #26 by a WOC
- Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book #37
- Cruising through cozies - Free choice #9
- Calendar of Crime- #CalendarOfCrime2020 June # 8 ( wedding cake on cover) & 9 (wedding figures prominently)
- Medical Examiner- 2 Toe Tag
- Six Shooter- 4th shot for VM Burns
- Wizarding World Tour
- Uagadou: book with a symbol on the cover