Friday, January 17, 2020

Let's go garage selling

At least let's do it in a book.  This is a fun cozy based around Sara Winston and her garage sale business.  She is an ex air force wife and currently lives near a base in Mass.  The plot definitely has some twists and turns.  The author does reference previous stories but not so much that you have to have read them in order.   The garage sale items and research are a fun side note to the story as well.

The story line definitely contains military references which I could relate to as a military dependent.  I grew up on Navy bases around the US for the first 15 years of my life.  I didn't live in the same place for more than 4 years until I had graduated college.  I'm guessing this is where my love of travel originated.  It wasn't a life everyone would enjoy but we have some great memories of places we would never have lived otherwise-  like Hawaii. 

All in all I enjoyed the book and plan to read more of the series





Let’s Fake a Deal (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #7)Let’s Fake a Deal by Sherry Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book i have read in this series. I enjoyed the story with its numerous plot twists.
Sara Winston is a well developed character. I felt like there was more to her than many of the cozy mystery characters. You got to see more of her thoughts and emotions than a typical cozy.
I will definitely go back and read the rest of the series.


View all my reviews

Challenge Tracking:

Be sure to check out my Challenge tracker tab at the top of the page to see how I am doing on my different challenges.

  1. Library Love-  Book 7
  2. Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge "H"
  3. AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge "L"
  4. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger: Book 5 
  5. Cruising through cozies -  career #2
  6. Calendar of Crime-  May #9 Military figure has a major role
  7.  Cloak and  Dagger: Book 5 
  8. Literary Escapes-  MA
  9. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tag 
  10. Six Shooter-  1 shot for Sherry Harris
  11. Mystery Bingo:  
    • Weapons card :  Motor Vehicle and Fire
    • Clues:  Disguise; muddy clothing
  12. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #13 written by a woman
  13. Book List Queen #10 Clever Title
  14. NJM-  #20  Author new to you
  15. Wizarding World Tour   Beauxbatons-  Someone breaks the law 
  16. Color Coded:  #2  Red
  17. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge  #20 with a pun in the title
  18. Around the Year in 52 Books- #34 A book from a genre or sub genre that starts with a letter in your name---Cozy mystery
  19. 20 in 20 #Read20in2020 #2 A book set in the country where you are residing
  20. Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist2020 # 20 new to you author

1 comment:

  1. Garage sales are not one of my loves, but Sara sounds like a good character.

    ReplyDelete