Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Starting to sort the challenges

Right now I am trying to get myself all set up for the different challenges I want to try in 2020.  This means I have listed all the prompts to select books from into a separate tab for each challenge.  I have then brainstormed ideas and cross referenced where a book can count for more than 1 challenge.  I don't realistically see myself having the time to read unique books for each challenge although there are readers out there who want cross utilize a title for different challenges.  I think half the fun for me is the setup and the research and planning.

Some of these challenges require a monthly commitment whereas others are a less demanding approach.

My plans for this year are:

Popsugar Reading Challenge

Around the Year in 52 Books on Goodreads

52 books in 52 weeks on mommymannegren 

A to Z challenge on gingermomandcompany

color based challenge on myreadersblock

Girlxoxo.com is hosting several that interested me.  They also have a listing of book challenges to reference.





There are several challenges based on genre of the books.  I am using the prompts in the 52 week challenges to address many of these categories





Several of the challenges just involve a tally of how many books you finish falling into the category.

The two I want to track are:

Mount TBR on Goodreads- to track how many books you read that you already own physical or ebook.  You set a goal of how many on your list you want to tackle.  If you reach that mountain top you can scale something higher.

Like Mount TBR, Craving for a cozy is about tracking how many cozies you read.  I found this challenge on www.escapewithdollycas.com


Since I have bitten off so many challenges I decided it was only fitting that I join a challenge tracking how many challenges you are doing.   I found this at reading challenge addict.  

Stay tuned over the next few posts for descriptions of the individual challenges to see if you might be interested in joining in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment