This is a short novella in the Kiki Lowenstein series. She is a single mom who works in a scrapbooking store in St. Louis. She has a knack for getting involved with murders. This particular installment was murder free though. I am currently trying to work out which books I have previously read and to go back and read the novellas on my Kindle. I always enjoy hearing about the scrapbooking projects that are incorporated into the stories. Two of my favorite things, scrapbooking and mysteries, altogether in 1 place. Heaven!
Kiki Lowenstein and the Purple Passion by Joanna Campbell Slan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Fun quick read that lets us catch up with Kiki in between the bigger volumes. Always fun to see the different scrapping projects she comes up with. Nice change to have a cozy that doesn't involve murder, although it does involve a generation appropriate topic. All in all a quick read that was fun to fit in between some more serious novels. This one sets up some interactions for future books that I had previously read.
View all my reviews
Challenge PromptsThe Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- TBR Book #11 #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon
- Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist2020 #4 book with less than 200 pages
- Literary Escapes- MO
- Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge "S"
- AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge "K"
- Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and Dagger: Book 9
- Cruising through cozies - #3 Craft related
- Calendar of Crime- #CalendarOfCrime2020 April #5 other holiday in month (April Fools)
- Six Shooter- New target opened
- PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #47- More than 20 letter in Title;
- 52 Books in 52 weeks #30 A book with recipes inside
- Book List Queen # 40 with a color in the title
- Around the Year in 52 Books- # 13 A prompt from a previous Around the Year in 52 Books challenge- I chose A "between the numbers" book of a series from 2016
- Wizarding World Tour
- Beauxbatons: Read a book from a series with six or more books or the sixth book on your TBR