Monday, March 15, 2021

Frontier Follies

 I will admit I have never actually watched an episode of Pioneer Woman but now I am very intrigued after listening to Ree Drummond's audiobook.  It was a great way to pass time while driving on my errands and she is such a positive spirit it was hard not to get a smile on my face as I listened.  She is a wonderful storyteller and didn't hesitate to tell stories that were less than flattering to her.  It felt like I was sitting next to her in her kitchen listening to her regale me with her activities of the week.   The stories ranged from early marriage in the 1990s to current Covid stories.  I feel as though I was right there with her and her family and could absolutely visualize the action as they transpired.  

If you are looking for an inside look at Ranch life, a cooking show on tv and the fun and drama of a family with 4 kids this is a perfect book to read or even better, to listen to.  I promise you will find yourself laughing and smiling anytime you pickup this book.


Frontier Follies: Adventures in Marriage and Motherhood in the Middle of NowhereFrontier Follies: Adventures in Marriage and Motherhood in the Middle of Nowhere by Ree Drummond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Charming stories from a great storyteller

I actually listened to the audio book which was so much fun as it was narrated by Ree. The short chapters were perfect for car rides and do fun. Her stories are heart felt and you felt like you were sitting at a big farm table having coffee together as she regaled you with stories. Fascinating info about living on a ranch so far from town and neighbors. I just might have to watch the show now :)

View all my reviews

 

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #26
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  OK
  3. Beat the Backlist #BTB2021  #52 mentions a pineapple
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #34
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #39
  6. Memoir  #4 Food Memoir
  7. Non Fiction Reader  #2021ReadNonFic  #9. Food
  8. Humor  Book #2
  9. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #35. A book in a different format than what you normally read (audiobooks, ebooks, graphic novels)
  10. Around the Year in 52 Books #33. A collection of short stories, essays, or poetry
  11. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2021  #48 A Cover With A Woman Who Is Facing Away
  12. The Unofficial Magnus Archives Challenge  #TMARC21  #48. Adelard Dekker: MC is religious
  13. BooklistQueen   # 29. An Audiobook
  14. A Pretty Mess Challenge # 22. An audiobook
  15. While I was Reading  #2. An essay or short story collection
  16. Nerd Daily  #NERDREADING2021 #1 
  17. Bookworm  #56.) Read a nonfiction book that teaches you a new skill
  18. Magic in the Books Book 2 #5 A Funny book
  19. Pick your Poison #15-2 A memoir
  20. Bloggers Bookshelf   #bloggersbookshelf #18 an audiobook
  21. 52 books in 52 weeks  #20 tip toe through the tulips
  22. Audiobook  #2021AudiobookChallenge #1



No comments:

Post a Comment