Friday, October 9, 2020

The Last Time I Saw You

 This is the second book by the writing duo of Liv Constantine.  Earlier this year I read and reviewed their first work, The Last Mrs. Parrish.  I enjoyed this second novel by the sisters as much as that initial book.  They write an amazing thriller novel that is full of suspense that keeps you turning pages long after you should have turned the lights out.  

The characters are well thought and and you easily find yourself visualizing the scenes as though you were there among them.  The level of fear and anxiety that Dr. Kate English experiences is so well described that you can easily find yourself getting worried and edgy as well as you read the novel.  The characters' jealousy, deceit and confusion are readily recognized and believable.  

The only reason this wasn't a 5 star book for me was due to the fact I figured many of the twists out before they were fully revealed.  Although much of the motives were not clear until the revelations despite suspicions I had.  Overall this was a really good book and I look forward to reading more from this sibling writing duo. 


The Last Time I Saw YouThe Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

This is another intense book by Liv Constantine. It is very easy to visualize yourself immersed in the story and feeling the intense emotions of Kate and Simon English and Blaire Barrington in this thriller. The overwhelming fear that Kate finds herself experiencing is enough to make the reader's own heart race as the story unfolds. Constantine does a wonderful job of peeling away the layers of the story and revealing pieces of the past in such a way that you keep being surprised by the direction the story takes. Some of the story ends up being a bit predictable and this is the only reason I didn't give the story a 5 star. The means and motive of the criminals is well developed and shocking. Be prepared to stay up late if you start this one in the evening. 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #110
  2. Literary Escapes-  MD
  3. Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book # 96
  4. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tags 
  5. Mystery Bingo
    • Weapons card :  Fireplace Poker
  6. Monthly Motif   #MonthlyMotifGXO- Thrills and Chills 

No comments:

Post a Comment