Friday, February 14, 2020

The Last Mrs. Parrish

Wow,  first book I've read by Liv Constantine and I would love another.  I must say all the wealth in the world would not have me changing places with Daphne Parrish.  This thriller is well written and tells the story from both Daphne and Amber's perspective and then merging the 2 story lines together at the conclusion of the book.  The development of the 3 main characters is well done and down right bone chilling at times. I found this to be an engaging read and lived up to the hype it received.  Definitely read this if you like thrillers but I will warn it was a bit unsettling at times.


The Last Mrs. ParrishThe Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Complex and conniving characters lead this book

This was quite an engaging book. I really enjoyed how the book was written from both Amber and Daphne's perspectives. This book kept me up late into the night reading. There were definitely aspects of This book that were unnerving and caused me to think about the book when I was away from it. Readers of thrillers should definitely read This book


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book 14
  2. TBR Book #12  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon
  3.  Cloak and  Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal : Book 12
  4. Mystery Bingo:  
    • Clues:  Something said in French
  5. Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist2020 #18  A Top 10 Read of the Year
  6. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge #21 Featuring one of the 7 deadly sins
  7. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #39 A book used in a celebrity book club


Possible prompts

I will decide as the year goes along which prompts I use it for on several challenges since it meets multiple criteria within the challenge.

  1. Around the Year in 52 Books
    • #10  book that 400-600 pages  or
    • #11 published in a year that is a prime number
  2. Wizarding World Tour  possible categories
    • Beauxbatons: where a character breaks the law;  cover has blue
    • Castelobruxo: Read a book that includes a troublemaker
    • Durmstrang-  that involves a secret
    • Ilvermorny-  Read a book with a body part on the cover
    • Uagadou- Read a book with a hand on the cover

No comments:

Post a Comment