Friday, October 16, 2020

Darkness My Old Friend

 This book by Lisa Unger was one I selected for the While I was Reading challenge.  It had a prompt to select a book with song lyrics in the title.  I couldn't help but continually sing the Simon and Garfunkel song as I was reading this book.  

The book was a little confusing and disjointed for me at the beginning.  There seemed to be too much hopping between characters and stories that it was difficult to keep straight.   As the book progressed and you understood more of the story it got a bit easier but it still didn't always feel like it was flowing smoothly.  I suspect this may be due to the fact this was the second book in the Hollows series and I have not read the first book.  

As the book continued I did enjoy it immensely and would like to read the others in the series.  The characters are definitely believable and imperfect just like most people are.  The characters are developed in depth and the reader can definitely imagine their experiences and emotions.

I am glad I selected this book for a challenge


Darkness, My Old FriendDarkness, My Old Friend by Lisa Unger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars 

Intriguing thriller

The book was quite a whirlwind of twisting and intertwined stories. As Jones the main narrator said its that may in a small-town and nothing is a coincidence. I did like how Unger relates the differ stories and does bring them together at the end of the book. Her characters were very well written and had lots of depth. they were relatable. My only complaint was at times the names and stories were a bit difficult to keep straight. This was especially true if there was much time between reading sessions. Overall I did enjoy the boo! 

View all my reviews




Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #113
  2. Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge  "U"
  3. AtoZ and Alphabet soup challenge #AlphabetSoupChallenge
  4. Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book # 100
  5. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
  6. While I was Reading 6-  A book with song lyrics in the title

No comments:

Post a Comment