Thursday, October 29, 2020

Lending a Paw

 This is the first book in the series by Laurie Cass.  It is about a bookmobile run by Assistant Library Director, Minnie.   She was responsible for finding the monetary support and for getting the project to bring the bookmobile to her county in upper Michigan.   On her initial run, Eddie, her adopted cat stows away in the truck.  He ends up being a big hit and draw for the bookmobile customers.  I really enjoyed reading about a bookmobile because it brought back so many childhood memories visiting the bookmobile.  

It took me a while to really get into this story line but in the end the mystery was worth the perseverance.  I enjoyed the mystery and look forward to reading more about the antics of Minnie and Eddie.  


Lending a PawLending a Paw by Laurie Cass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars 

This book ended up being an enjoyable read. I found it a bit sluggish at the beginning and it felt like it took a while to get it going. Minnie and Eddie the cat are a fun duo but the interaction with the detectives was a bit shallow. The mystery itself was good and it took most of the story to determine the guilty party. I will try reading more in the series for sure 

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #117
  2. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book # 105
  3. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice 45
  4. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
  5. Six Shooter- new target 45

No comments:

Post a Comment