Friday, December 10, 2021

The Christmas Swap

 This was an enjoyable Christmas story by Melody Carlson that I picked up by chance as a hoopla book.  In November there were hoopla freebies through my library- meaning you could borrow without it counting against your monthly allotment.  I picked this book by  because it sounded intriguing.  This isn't a genre I usually read but I did enjoy the light romance story.  Although some of it was predictable, the author did not always take the easy way out with the storyline.  The protagonist had to explain to his family why he wasn't joining them on their Christmas trip to AZ.  Instead of making everything perfectly happy go lucky there were definitely bumps in the road.  I definitely visualized this as a Hallmark Movie and then found out afterward that it was in fact made into a Hallmark movie.  I;ll have to be on the lookout when surfing through those movies.  

All in all a nice holiday story that makes you smile.



The Christmas SwapThe Christmas Swap by Melody Carlson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very enjoyable heartwarming book. What’s not to love about Christmas in Breckenridge. The characters are very believable- shallow Gillian, puppy dog Grant, show off Harris and sweet Emma invade West’s home over Christmas. But West has trust issues and this doesn’t reveal his true identity. The ensuing story is somewhat formulaic but enjoyable nonetheless

View all my reviews


  

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #
  2. Pick your Poison #3-3 A book with a cabin on the cover 
  3. Backpacking Bookworm  #bbReadingChallenge2021 character on a journey


No comments:

Post a Comment