Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Winter Takes All

 Winter Takes All was a fun cozy I found on my kindle when looking for a title with Winter in it for a mini prompt for a challenge.  I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was to read about Crystal and her new found career in outdoor adventures.  It was a nice mix of setting and description mixed with mystery and clues.  I look forward to reading more in the series in the future.  



Winter Takes AllWinter Takes All by M.L. Erdahl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I kind of stumbled upon it on my kindle while trying to complete a mini challenge of a book with a season in the title. I really liked the level of description of the time Crystal spends in the outdoors I really felt like I could picture the scene. I also liked the way the storyline would jump back as a reflection of a past scenario when Crystal was telling a story to someone. It made the story a bit more interesting rather than one long week. I look forward to finding more in this series

View all my reviews


 


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #14  
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes   WA
  3. AtoZ   #2023AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge  W
  4. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 1
  5. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 -1
  6. Mount TBR   #MountTBR2023  Book # 1
  7. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #12
  8. Cruisin thru Cozies career #2
  9. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #11
  10. Craving for Cozies  Book #9
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 36 Shot #6
  12. Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags pushed
  13. 23 in 2023 # 5  A book that starts with the letter W
  14. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2023  #2 Featuring an Inheritance
  15. 52 books in 52 weeks  #6 character vs nature
  16. Around the Year in 52 Books #43  A book that involves a murder
  17. Bookworm #29 Read a book that has under 1,000 reviews or ratings on a website or app 
  18. BooklistQueen  #booklistqueenreadingchallenge2023  #12. You Own But Haven’t Read
  19. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #3 takes place primarily in winter or a cold region
  20. Cozy Mysteries   #9 Male Author
  21. HP Quidditch 23 #13 Quidditch Gloves: Set in winter
  22. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #25 Read a book with a person on the cover
  23. Nerd Daily #thenerddaily #nerdreading2023 #39. AN AUTHOR NEW TO YOU
  24. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #44 A book that was self-published
  25. Pick your Poison  # 7 A book about a missing person
  26. Read with Allison #43 Title Starts With "W"
  27. Sci and Nature # 27 About Hiking or Camping
  28. Uncorked Reader #UncorkedReading2023 7
  29. Monthly Keyword #MonthlyKeyWordGXO  All
  30. Monthly Motif #MonthlyMotifGXO  Jan new beginnings
  31. TBRChallenge  #TBRChallenge Jan Starting Over

No comments:

Post a Comment