Friday, February 24, 2023

The Ghost and Mrs. Fletcher

 I thought somewhere along the way I missed this book in the Murder She Wrote series so I selected it for this year's challenge reads.  As the 44th book in the series, it means they are usually somewhat formulaic but this one actually involves an apparent haunting by a ghost which is atypical for this series.  As I was reading it I realized this was actually a reread for me but I didn't remember enough to spoil it for myself, only had an inkling of some things as I went along.  I always enjoy reading this series because I was a fan of the tv show so I find it easy to visualize the characters based on the actors who portrayed them on tv.   For readers looking for a series with mature self-reliant main characters and no romantic aspects to the story, this is a great selection.  No helpless young females falling for the local sheriff in this series.   


The Ghost and Mrs. FletcherThe Ghost and Mrs. Fletcher by Jessica Fletcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another enjoyable book in the Murder She Wrote Series. This had a sub mystery within the main story line. Some of which I suspected long before it was revealed but other pieces were kept in the appropriate suspense box. This series is a good read for those who enjoy cozy mysteries without any romantic tropes generally.

View all my reviews 



 


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book # 20 
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  17 
  3. AtoZ   #2023AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge G
  4. Alphabet Soup Author Edition #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge   J
  5. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2023  y
  6. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 44
  7. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 1
  8. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #19
  9. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #15
  10. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #3
  11. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #14
  12. Craving for Cozies  Book #12
  13. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #39  Shot #3
  14. Medical Examiner Challenge 2 Toe Tags
  15. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2023  #3 Title starting with letter "G"
  16. Around the Year in 52 Books #28. A book that is dark
  17. Bookworm #48 Free Space! Pick any book
  18. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #38 spooky vibes
  19. Cozy Mysteries   #14 A reread
  20. HP Quidditch 23 #9 Catching the Snitch: A book with isbn# that includes 1, 5, and 0
  21. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #20. A book title that starts with the word "The" 
  22. Nerd Daily #thenerddaily #nerdreading2023 #12. SURNAME COULD BE A FIRST NAME
  23. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #16 A book where the main character's name is in the title
  24. Pick your Poison  # 91 A book with an elderly protagonist
  25. Read with Allison # 25 Water on Cover
  26. Uncorked Reader #UncorkedReading2023 #32 About Books
  27. Unruly Reader Bingo  #14 Detention

No comments:

Post a Comment