Monday, February 28, 2022

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

 I ended up reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney to meet several challenges on my list this year.  Obviously, it is not a typical read of mine.  Indirectly, I ended up covering a prompt about nostalgia too since this was a favorite series of my son throughout elementary and even middle school.  I think he might even be known to go back and reread them for fun even now.  I must say I also thoroughly enjoy the movies made based on the series which I had scene before ever reading this book.  


Diary of a Wimpy KidDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

fun book that brings back memories of my son's childhood.

View all my reviews





Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Alphabet Soup Author Edition #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge K
  2. 2022TBR  #2022ReadingChallenge  # 18 Book that makes you Nostalgic
  3. Mount TBR   #MountTBR2022  Book #2
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #12
  5. Beat the Backlist #BTB2022  #39 you watched the show or movie first
  6. Humor  Book #1
  7. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  #9 A book that sparks joy
  8. Around the Year in 52 Books #47. A book with handwriting on the cover
  9. Bookworm #44 Read a book that a movie/show you've watched is based on but have yet to read
  10. BooklistQueen  #booklistqueenreadingchallenge2022  #47. Makes You Laugh
  11. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #34  A book that is written in text messages, emails, or different forms of text. 
  12. Nancy Drew #7. The Clue in the Diary (1932) - read an epistolary book
  13. Nerd Daily  #NERDREADING2022 #10 recommended by family/friend
  14. OWLS 22  #48 Hogwarts: A book set in a school 
  15. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #24. A book you can read in one sitting
  16. Pick your Poison #16 a diary
  17. RAD challenge #aradreadingchallenge #1 A Graphic Novel
  18. While I was Reading  #10 A middle grade novel.
  19. Beyond the Bookends  feel good book
  20. 52 books in 52 weeks  #30 Epistolary
  21. Unruly Reader Bingo  #12 coming of age


No comments:

Post a Comment