Friday, March 17, 2023

The Nebula Secret

 I really enjoyed this book.  I loved the parallels between the Smithsonian and Harry Potter.   There are fun adventures and the technological aspects of the story are intriguing.  This is a fun middle-grade story that I look forward to reading more of the series.  I hope in the future stories they actually go out on the Orion and explore different places.  This book reminded me of my passion for travel and is motivating me to go through and scrapbook my travel photos.  


The Nebula SecretThe Nebula Secret by Trudi Trueit
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A fun middle-grade story is a thriller set in an environment that feels a lot like the Smithsonian by its descriptions. I enjoyed the puzzle aspect of the storyline. The technological aspects of the story were fascinating to me taking VR and other current technologies to new levels. This story reminded me of parallels to the Harry Potter series. Cruz feels a lot like Harry as a somewhat chosen one with a supporting cast around him, sneaking around trying to solve a puzzle without adult involvement.

View all my reviews


 



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  32 
  3. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes   Washington DC
  4. AtoZ   #2023AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge  N
  5. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023=1
  6. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023=-1
  7. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #34
  8. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #29
  9. Bookworm #30 Read a middle-grade book (8-12 age range)
  10. HP Quidditch 23 #14 Quidditch Goggles: Includes a character that wears glasses
  11. Nerd Daily #thenerddaily #nerdreading2023 #43. MIDDLE GRADE OR NON-FICTION
  12. Pick your Poison  # 43 A book with a robot, cyborg or AI character
  13. Read with Allison # 45 Middle Grade
  14. Sci and Nature # 21 Space Words in the Title

No comments:

Post a Comment