Thursday, March 30, 2023

Death Over Easy

 I really have found myself enjoying the Country Store series by Maddie Day.   The main character, Robbie, is a hard-working businesswoman and this is demonstrated in the story lines.  Death Over Easy is the 5th book and is set amidst a Bluegrass Festival being hosted in Southern Indiana.   I have family from IN and now several of my son's friends attend IU in Bloomington so I can relate to many of the locations mentioned in the story.   As I have mentioned previously I appreciate books more when I have the connections.

The mystery is quite involved and actually contains 2 victims in this book.  I liked the structure and felt it was laid out well.  My only complaint was the abruptness with which the story ended.  It felt almost like an, "have reached my page limit better finish"   The mystery was wrapped up it was just a bit rushed.  Didn't bother me enough to stop reading the series but I do hope it's an anomaly.   


Death Over EasyDeath Over Easy by Maddie Day
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

music festival and murder

Robbie Jordan finds herself mixed up in another murder investigation. This one happens while trying to enjoy a bluegrass festival and a visit with her Italian father. There are lots of individuals suspected by the police among her B&B guests, friends, and family. All in all I enjoyed the book although I did find the resolution to be a bit abrupt. It almost felt like someone asaid you have to finish in the next 10 pages no matter how rushed it felt. I still enjoyed the story I just left feeling a bit disappointed

View all my reviews


 



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book # 42 
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book # 35  
  3. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  IN 
  4. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2023  
  5. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 5
  6. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 1
  7. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #37
  8. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #31
  9. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #15
  10. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #33
  11. Craving for Cozies  Book #29
  12. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #34  Shot #1
  13. Medical Examiner Challenge 2 Toe Tags
  14. Bookworm #60 free space
  15. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #50 Free space
  16. Pick your Poison  # 47 A book with luggage on the front cover
  17. Beyond the Bookends  Mar About Music or Musician

No comments:

Post a Comment