Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Dead Before Dinner

 I selected Dead Before Dinner by Kat Bellemore because it was a Kindle Unlimited book set in New Mexico.   NM is a state that I sometimes struggle with on my US States reading challenge so it seemed like a good choice.  I enjoyed the therapist aspect of the story and found it to feel a bit different from other cozy protagonists.  In this case, Maddie, has a past she is running from and a family she is trying to protect.  All while settling back into her hometown,  of whom many residents are not happy she has returned.  All this impacts her ability to get a clear answer on who had motives to kill the pesky councilwoman.  I liked the resolution of the story and I look forward to reading the next book in the series since it is set at the balloon festival, a bucket list item for me.  


Dead Before DinnerDead Before Dinner by Kat Bellemore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

unique approach for a cozy

I appreciated the fact Maddie is a therapist and how that leads to involvement in investigating but also comes with conflicts. Her return to her hometown of Amor is far from smooth. I think her bumpy path and uncertainty of her own path leads to the appeal of her as a character. Looking forward to reading more

View all my reviews


 



Challenge PromptsTweetDeck

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #34 
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  NM
  3. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 1
  4. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 -1
  5. Color Coded #3 Yellow
  6. Mount TBR   #MountTBR2023  Book # 5
  7. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #10
  8. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #26
  9. Craving for Cozies  Book #23
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 100 Shot #1
  11. Medical Examiner Challenge 2 Toe Tags Poison
  12. Around the Year in 52 Books # 44 A book where the cover design includes text that is not completely horizontal
  13. Bookworm #17 Read a book with a yellow cover
  14. HP Quidditch 23 #51 Body Blow: With a body part on the cover
  15. Pick your Poison  # 111 A book about going home
  16. Read with Allison #33 Book Featuring Time
  17. Unruly Reader Bingo  #16 Guidance Counselor
  18. Read Around the US   Feb New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment