Friday, March 10, 2023

Every Last Fear

 Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay is an intense psychological thriller that was a 5 Star read for me.  This is a fast paced novel that is hard to put down.  I stayed up until 2am to finish it.  I was especially intrigued by the choice of locales for the Pines' new residence.  It is my hometown in the western suburbs of Chicago.  This choice led me to do digging on the author to see if there was a connection to Naperville, but I couldn't find one.  For this reason I am actually going to use this book for the down the rabbit hole prompt since I spent quite a while trying to figure out why Naperville would be selected.  

For a debut novel, this was a great read in my opinion.  The multiple-voice narration and dual timeline worked well and definitely added to the story rather than being a distraction.  This approach provided a vehicle for each character to reveal their own involvement in the matter and their secrets.   It made an already tragic story even more emotional and gut-wrenching.   If you are looking for a roller coaster and high-speed read this is one for you. 


Every Last FearEvery Last Fear by Alex Finlay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

intense the whole way through

I had no idea what this book was about but I stayed up late finishing it once I started. Crazy intensity that keeps the reader turning pages. The book is set in 2 timelines before the crime that shook the Pines’ lives and after. Everything feels like fate and each member played a role in the drama. The who and why was intense til the end and the reveal was a perfect culmination

View all my reviews 

 



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  35
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  28 
  3. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  Mexico 
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #30
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #25
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #27
  7. Medical Examiner Challenge  6 Toe Tags
  8. Around the Year in 52 Books #3. A book that fits a suggestion that didn’t make the 2023 list
  9. Bookworm #7 Read a book with a basic shape on the cover
  10. BooklistQueen  #booklistqueenreadingchallenge2023  #18. With Dual Timelines
  11. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #4 meant to read it last year
  12. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #38. Read a horror/creepy novel
  13. Nerd Daily #thenerddaily #nerdreading2023 #40. DUAL TIMELINES
  14. Pick your Poison  #84 A book you would wrestle from the jaws of a tiger to read
  15. Read with Allison #5 Mood Read
  16. Sci and Nature # 11 About a Dangerous Creature
  17. Uncorked Reader #UncorkedReading2023 30 Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment