Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Space Case

 Space Case is a middle grade reader by Stuart Gibbs.  I selected it because we have the Spy School books in our house and this one caught my attention as meeting several of my challenge prompts.  Specifically the middle grade and set in space.  It also meets the Space Opera one as well.

It is a cute book that has a mystery set on the moon.  The whole colonizing of the moon brings up some interesting aspects and really had me thinking about what life would be like if it ever happened.  This story also felt fitting with all the Space X rocketry that is going on these days.  All in all an enjoyable book and would please mystery readers of all ages.


Space CaseSpace Case by Stuart Gibbs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook. I liked how the author alternated a chapter of the story with a section of the moon base manual. This book was a fun read with a good mystery ad s bit if comedic action and suspense thrown in. Although it’s a middle grade book I found the mystery engaging and not too easy to solve. It was a fun premise that in the future there is a colony living on the moon and space tourism exists. Maybe it’s not so far off in reality. Time will tell

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #48
  2. Audiobook  #2022AudiobookChallenge 4
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #59
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #48
  5. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  #31 Technology-themed 
  6. Around the Year in 52 Books #16. A book related to Earth Day
  7. Bookworm #8 Read a book that takes place in the future
  8. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #35. A book with a constellation on the cover or in the title  
  9. Pick your Poison #100 a book about space travel

No comments:

Post a Comment