Monday, May 9, 2022

Criminal Confections

 Criminal Confections is a new to me series called the Chocolate Whisperer by Collette London.   I was only moderately engaged by the book as I found the character a  bit annoying.  I will give the series another try before discontinuing with it.  Sometimes series take a book or so to get going and engage me with the characters.  The San Francisco setting is always a locale near to my heart as I lived there in HS through college years and spent time visiting the city with friends as I got older.  I even lived in the city proper for a few months when I was an adult as my husband was temporarily assigned to his company's SF office.  I always enjoy the views and tourist attractions as well as the different neighborhoods.  



Criminal ConfectionsCriminal Confections by Colette London
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A chocolate lovers dream book. If you want to know the ends and outs of chocolate and what makes them different you will really like this book. I admit I skimmed over some of those parts but still found it interesting.
The mystery was well developed and I really did not see the ending. Hayden is a bit of a flaky character and I’m not sure I’d like her in real life but it will be interesting to see her character and relationships develop over the series


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #35
  2. What an Animal Book #25
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #47
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #38
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #29
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #48
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #46
  8. Medical Examiner Challenge 2 Toe Tags
  9. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- spa; cliff
    • Weapon- poison; push
    • Detectives- Hayden
    • Victims- Adrienne; Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment