Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Hear ye Hear ye #2020AudiobookChallenge

Well, since I have been enjoying Audiobooks so much this year, I thought I would join a challenge to track what I am actually "reading".  I am trying to listen to the audiobooks when I am driving to and from school and activities.  It's also a great way to distract yourself while working out or walking.

There is an audiobook challenge hosted by Caffienated Reviewer and Hot Listens




Basically it is just a tracking challenge where you will check in twice during the year.  First on June 30, 2020 and then again on December 15, 2020.

Sign up here and then pick a level to try to achieve:.  If you talk about your audiobooks on social meida use their #2020AudiobookChallenge tag.


  • √ Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5  
  • √ Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15  I think I will aim for this
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
  • Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
  • The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+



Here are the details of the challenge

  • Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at any time.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2018.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
  • Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2020, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2020.


So come listen with me.


Progress    

 7/12 audiobooks read

So far I have completed 7 books.  I am looking for my next book to listen to while waiting on the sequel to Winter in Paradise from my library hold.  The library is a great resource for this media using Overdrive or Libby to listen to them.  Additionally, Chirp is a great newsletter to sign up for and they will send you daily deal emails with specials to purchase audiobooks.  Audible is a great subscription if the library isn't an option for you.

Books Completed

  1. Garlic &  Sapphires by Ruth Reichl  NY Times Food Critic memoir  1/14/20 
  2. Let's Fake a Deal  by Shelly Harris  1/16/20 
  3. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty 2/4/20
  4. Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano 2/27/20
  5. Winter in Paradise by Elin Hildebrand 3/9/20
  6. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil delGrasse Tyson  4/8/20
  7. Yes, Please by Amy Poehler 5/11/20




Books in Progress

  1. The Dutch House by Ann Patchett- narrated by Tom Hanks
  2. Wizard The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius by Marc Seifer 
  3. Shrill  by Lindy West reading on hold until book available at library again





No comments:

Post a Comment