Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Not So Different

 When I selected this book from my library I wasn't aware it was a children's book.   I picked it because I had previously read Laughing at My Nightmare (Blog review) by Shane and enjoyed it.  He definitely knows how to write frankly about his experiences in a way to help people understand his perspective.  This is a great book for sharing with children or to get a feeling for the type of books Shane Burcaw writes.  



Not So Different: What You Really Want to Ask About Having a DisabilityNot So Different: What You Really Want to Ask About Having a Disability by Shane Burcaw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

great perspective to share with kids

This is the second book by Shane I’ve read and his attitude is so inspiring. His struggles remind me to put difficult things in my life in perspective. They are ant hills compared to the things he deals with daily

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #   99
  2. 2022TBR  #2022ReadingChallenge  # 
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #121
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #90
  5. Non Fiction Reader  #ReadNonFicChal   Book #9. Linked to a podcast
  6. Humor  Book #2
  7. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  #40 A book with photographs inside
  8. OWLS #22 Cheering Charm: A funny or happy book
  9. Pick your Poison #52 a book wider than it is tall
  10. Diversify your reading #DYRC22  non fiction
  11. 52 books in 52 weeks  #10 Humor Me
  12. Unruly Reader Bingo  #25 biography

No comments:

Post a Comment