Saturday, November 26, 2022

If Books Could Kill

This month found me reading several mysteries that had rather extreme plot points but were still enjoyable.  This 2nd book in the Bibliophile series was set in Edinburgh.  Kate Carlisle does a wonderful job of describing the scenery in such a way the reader can imagine being there with the characters.  This is the 3rd book I have read this year set in Scotland involving the royal family.  This adds an interesting dynamic to my reading as I find myself really feeling as though I "know" the royals.  Obviously this is not the case but the repetitive descriptions definitely creates a familiarity but also makes it interesting to see how the different authors treat the characters.  This series should be developing characters as I have previously read a book from later in the series.  There are well developed relationships in that book so I have high expectations for the series progression.  



If Books Could KillIf Books Could Kill by Kate Carlisle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyable cozy set in Edinburgh. Still getting used to the characters but definitely some fun and endearing relationships. The actual mystery was well constructed and led to the suspicion of several people. There were a bit of rather outlandish plot points but they did provide some necessary lighter points to the story. I’m curious to see how the relationships progress as the series continues

View all my reviews


The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  95 
  2. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2022  Series: 46 Book #1
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #116
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #84
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #82
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #110
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #100
  8. Medical Examiner Challenge  2 Toe Tags
  9. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- alley; conf room
    • Weapon- stab; stab
    • Detectives- Brooklyn Wainwright
    • Victims- Kyle McVee; Perry McDougal
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #18  Shot #4



No comments:

Post a Comment