Friday, November 25, 2022

Swimming with the Fishes

 I really am enjoying the Ozark Lakes series it is such a unique approach to the cozy genre. There's a male author for one but Marc Jedel writes from a dual narrator approach.   This means there is a female and a male sleuth who are newlyweds.   I appreciate that the MC doesn't have a divided love interest or unrequited attention.   The setting on a farm makes for some interesting scenes and locales.  I truly hope the author continues with the series and I am definitely inclined to try his Silicon Valley series as well.  If Swimming with the Fishes is any indication they will be well-written mysteries with great inter dynamics between characters.  

Swimming with the FishesSwimming with the Fishes by Marc Jedel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

fun cozy with a male detective

This series has a different take on narration than most cozies. It alternates between Jonas and Elizabeth. This book had a great development of more characters in the town as Elizabeth is reconnecting with HS friends at her 10 year reunion. I like the format of the book but I found I don’t care for some of Elizabeth’s traits in this book. She seemed a bit immature and whiny in this book. I hope it’s just a temporary thing as I don’t remember her being like this in the first book. The mystery is well constructed and the guilty party is quite well concealed until the reveal

View all my reviews


The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  AR
  2. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2022  Series: 47 Book #1
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #114
  4. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #80
  5. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #108
  6. Craving for Cozies  Book #98d5
  7. Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags
  8. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- lake
    • Weapon- explosion
    • Detectives- Elizabeth and Jonas
    • Victims- Courtney Stanton
  9. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 69 Shot #2
  10. Pick your Poison #45 a book with a picture of a cliff or ocean on the cover
  11. Book Voyage  #bookvoyagechallenge N America

No comments:

Post a Comment