Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Carry On Simon Snow

 I selected this book in order to fulfill the Chosen One prompts in several of my challenges.  I discovered this book when I read Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl last year.   This is a spinoff of sorts from that book.  In Fangirl the characters write fanfiction about a fictional character named Simon Snow and Baz.  This book brings those characters and their world to life as the center of the story.  It is a similar story to Harry Potter with a bit more frenemies and romantic tension than those books have.   I did enjoy this book even if it took me quite a while to read it.  I had to turn it in to the library and then got busy with other books as I read and renewed the kindle book from the library.   If you are looking for a fantasy book with a bit of a twist at the end this book would be a great read.  



Carry OnCarry On by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

magical thriller

Generally not the gene I read but I thoroughly enjoyed this boon. The frenemies relationship between Simon and Baz grows through the book. Although there are similarities to Potter this book is very different and intense.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #124
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #134
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #148
  4. Around the Year in 52 Books #30 A long book
  5. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2021  #45 A Coming Of Age Novel 
  6. The Unofficial Magnus Archives Challenge  #TMARC21  #5  The Desolation: about a Chosen One

  7. BooklistQueen   #25. Coming of Age Story 
  8. NJM Book Challenge  #NJMBookChallenge2021  #10 over 500 pgs  
  9. Bookworm  #40. Read a book that uses the "Chosen One" trope  
  10. Magic in the Books Book 6 #6 Includes the Chosen One trope
  11. Pick your Poison #23-1 A book with the word "snow" in the title
  12. Bloggers Bookshelf   #bloggersbookshelf #22.  500+ pages  
  13. 52 books in 52 weeks  #6-2 swords and sorcerers 


No comments:

Post a Comment