Saturday, November 20, 2021

Chili Cauldron Curse

 This novella by Lynn Cahoon was another find in my borrow for free from Hoopla in Nov.  A see my Christmas Pudding post for more details on this.


This book features witches and spells which is not usually my style of cozy mysteries.   I actually am glad I took a shot at this as I found the characters interesting and am interested in reading more in the series.  The nice part is this was a prequel so I got to learn Mia's backstory before reading any more of the series. If you like mysteries with a bit of humor you might really enjoy this book


Chili Cauldron CurseChili Cauldron Curse by Lynn Cahoon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Im not usually one to pick cozies with witches as the MC but I am glad I tried this novella. I really enjoyed the characters and look forward to reading more in the series. I think it is nice to read the back story on a protagonist before actually starting the series. The mystery was well written and wrapped up quite well for a short book

View all my reviews 


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #126
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #136
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #150
  4. Cozy Mysteries   #19 bought because of cover
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #92
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #129
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #110
  8. Monthly Motif #MonthlyMotifGXO  yes mystery
  9. Medical Examiner Challenge  1 Toe Tags
  10. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scenes 
      • Row 3
        • Free square- warehouse
    • Weapons
      • Row 1 
        • Poison, poisoned food
    • Detectives- Mia
    • Victims- Darian
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #39  Shot #3



No comments:

Post a Comment