Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Fangirl

 I selected this novel by Rainbow Rowell originally to meet a prompt for the Color Coded challenge.  I did not end up using it but later decided to read the book for my Literary Escapes' Nebraska requirement.  I ended up enjoying the book for the most part. It definitely brought back memories of freshman year of college.   It was an interesting example of how different two twins can be.  It also makes you reflect on Nature vs Nurture as concepts too.  Rowell definitely described the struggles an introvert can experience quite well.  There were also some good glimpses at how different childhood experiences can be responded to and treated very distinctly by different members of the household. 

This book earned 4 stars from me because I did find the ending a bit unsatisfying. I felt like it ended a bit abruptly and didn't fully resolve some of the situations.   Maybe there is a sequel to come that will show how thing worked out?


FangirlFangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

Very enjoyable read

I really wasn’t sure what to expect with this book but I really enjoyed it. I could absolutely relate to and feel the emotions that Cath felt. Her inner dialogues were very realistic of someone torn with what to do and who’s unsure of themselves. The development of her personality and relationships during her first year of college were very well written and believable 
My only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star was because I felt the ending was a bit abrupt and left some unanswered plot lines and questions. It was left as though there would be a sequel but I do t think there is one. So if you don’t like unresolved endings be prepared to be a bit frustrated. I still liked the book a lot just felt a little let down at end 

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


    1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #124
    2. Literary Escapes-  MA

    No comments:

    Post a Comment