Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Kiss Quotient

I selected this as my Own Voices selection with really  know idea what it was like.  It was a bit different than expected but I did enjoy it.  I feel it resonated with me as we have a family member on the spectrum and it provided some insight into the internal struggles he faces.  




The Kiss Quotient

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Steamy and insightful

This is not your mothers rom com. Beware there are some details that might make you blush. It is definitely a steamy romance.

This book provides insight into the socialization struggles a woman on the spectrum can face. Stella is an endearing and complex character. You cannot help but root for her to find love. I admire that she realizes being herself is most important and you hope that others realize that too. Loved this book!

View all my reviews

  

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #74
  2. Beat the Backlist #BTB2021  #47  brings out the geek in you
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #81
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #94
  5. Humor  Book #5
  6. The Unofficial Magnus Archives Challenge  #TMARC21  #7. The Spiral: by an ND person/with an ND MC
  7. Diversify your reading #DYRC21  Romance
  8. Beyond the Bookends  own voices book


No comments:

Post a Comment