I selected this as my Own Voices selection with really know idea what it was like. It was a bit different than expected but I did enjoy it. I feel it resonated with me as we have a family member on the spectrum and it provided some insight into the internal struggles he faces.
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Steamy and insightful
This is not your mothers rom com. Beware there are some details that might make you blush. It is definitely a steamy romance.
This book provides insight into the socialization struggles a woman on the spectrum can face. Stella is an endearing and complex character. You cannot help but root for her to find love. I admire that she realizes being herself is most important and you hope that others realize that too. Loved this book!
View all my reviews
The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge Book #74
- Beat the Backlist #47 brings out the geek in you
- Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021 Book #81
- Back List Reader #Backlistreader Book #94
- Humor Book #5
- The Unofficial Magnus Archives Challenge #7. The Spiral: by an ND person/with an ND MC
- Diversify your reading #DYRC21 Romance
- Beyond the Bookends own voices book