Friday, July 30, 2021

All by Myself Alone

I selected this book for the challenge to read a book published by an author 65 years or older.  I forgot I had previously read the book but I still enjoyed reading it. Anyone who loves to take a cruise will enjoy reading this book.   MHC does a wonderful job of creating characters that are weak and others that are annoying.  It is always a pleasure to read stories involving Alvirah and Willy Meehan.  They just feel like a couple you would want to meet and get to know.

Although I had previously read the book I did not remember all the details and was still surprised by much of the story and the crimes.   I will miss reading MHC's books now that she has passed away but hopefully rereading others will be as enjoyable as this one. 



All By Myself, AloneAll By Myself, Alone by Mary Higgins Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alvirah and Willy so it again

This time the Meehans are on an inaugural cruise that seems as I’ll fated as the Titanic. The new ship was appointed on many of the ways of the famous ship. It also had many glamorous and famous passengers. But not all who traveled were as they appeared and some had very malicious intents. The book is full of descriptions of the glamorous ship as well as the lectures aboard. The main focus was the gemologist and the curse of the Cleopatra necklace. There were several potential candidates for the criminal and I appreciated how the story was wrapped up concluding all the sun stories.

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #85
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #92
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #106
  4. Calendar of Crime  #CalendarOfCrime2021   
  5. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #91
  6. Around the Year in 52 Books #11. A book to celebrate The Grand Egyptian Museum
  7. Pick your Poison #12-1 A book by your favorite author
  8. Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags
  9. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #10  Shot #3

No comments:

Post a Comment