Friday, August 14, 2020

Down the Rabbit Hole

This work is an anthology of short stories by JD Robb, Mary Blayney, Elaine Fox, Mary Kay McComas, and Ruth Ryan Langan.  These stories were based loosely around connections with the story of Alice in Wonderland.  They were each different stories that had elements of fantasy or science fiction.  Generally not genres I read much from but I thoroughly enjoyed this book and plan to read others like it.

I selected this book to cover 2 prompts for challenges this year.  The primary reason I picked it was to address the challenge of reading an author you previously disliked.  I had tried a book by J D Robb a few years ago and just could not get interested in the futuristic aspect of the story. I had selected it at the time because it was a mystery book and that is my preferred genre of choice.   I put the book down as a DNF and never intended to read it again.   This short story contained in the anthology was quite enjoyable and I may give the series another try as I did like the characters in the book.

The other prompt this covered was read an anthology.  I had not every read an anthology outside of a textbook for literature coursework.  I found myself enjoying the sampling of the works by the different authors and will possibly seek out more works by them.    I enjoyed finding the common thread in the stories as they related to the Alice in Wonderland theme.   I kind of created a scavenger hunt aspect to the book

All in all I am glad I selected this book this year and it is one of the few 5 star books I have reviewed.



Down the Rabbit Hole (In Death, #41.5)Down the Rabbit Hole by J.D. Robb
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Very enjoyable anthology of stories

I did not know what to expect when I picked this book out at the library. I ended up thoroughly enjoying all of the stories within. Most had a reference or alluded to Alice this n Wonderland. Some were romance based but all seemed to be about finding your moral truth and becoming a great partner for your relationship. I look forward to trying individual works of these authors


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #83
  2. Literary Escapes- Scotland
  3. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge  #11 anthology
  4. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #50 author you previously disliked
  5. Book List Queen #11 short story or essay collection
  6. TBR Book #44  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon
  7. Monthly Motif   #MonthlyMotifGXO-  creature feature- rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment