Friday, August 28, 2020

Next Level Basic

 I selected this book by Stassi Schroeder on a whim just to see what she had to say.  I admit I have watched a few episodes of Vanderpump Rules.  It is kind of a like a car wreck you cannot help but look to see what is up and then it sucks you in.  


Stassi writes like she is having a conversation with her girlfriends.  It sounds a lot like she is when she's on the reality show.   Overall it is a decent book with some definite light humor mixed into her message to be true to yourself.  She basically divides the book into sections about dating, clothing, makeup, social media, food and drinking advice.  She is all about finding what you like and owning it versus just doing stuff to go with the flavor of the day.  I will say it fits with her personality as it comes out on the TV show.   She speaks her mind and stands by it.   Her book definitely comes off less shallow than her presence on TV does at times.  

Overall the book was enjoyable, it definitely made me glad I am past the 20 something social scene and dating.   It also reinforced why I was happy to leave CA and the superficiality of so many people there. I'll take the Midwest any day, not that there aren't fake people here, just seems like less of them.  

Next Level Basic: The Definitive Basic Bitch HandbookNext Level Basic: The Definitive Basic Bitch Handbook by Stassi Schroeder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars 

This is an enjoyable book that sheds some deeper light onto Stassi Schroeder. She basically advises her readers to own their choices and to do/be things because that is what you want and it makes you happy not because others say that is what you should do. This book made her seem less shallow than she often seems on Vanderpump Rules 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #88
  2. Book List Queen #52 self improvement book
  3. Wizarding World Tour  possible categories
    • Uagadou:  self help book
  4. Memoir    #26  greater than 300 pages (works for others as well)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment