Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Private Gold

This is a novella by Bookshots that fits into James Patterson's Private Series.   This one is set in South Africa, in Johannesburg, and revolves around the high crime and mining that are prevalent in that area of the  country.   I initially selected this book for the Popsugar challenge to read a book with Gold in the title.  As I began reading I felt the story rang a bell and sure enough I realized as I went along that I had read this previously.  Fortunately I didn't remember who was behind the nefarious act until the time when suspicion is being raised by the female protagonist.  All in all I enjoyed reading it again and the story rang true with the facts I am familiar with about Johannesburg and the struggles it is facing to rise above a criminal element.



Private: GoldPrivate: Gold by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyable quick thriller

This is a quick bookshot installment in the Private series by Patterson. I appreciated the female lead being worried and scared but not portrayed as weak and incapable. The storyline made sense based on the setting in South Africa. It wasn't too farfetched and felt like the obstacles that were overcome were feasible. All in all a good read


View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #85
  2. Literary Escapes-  South Africa
  3. Finishing the Series-  #FinishingTheSeries2020   Private Series book 2 in 2020
  4. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  #69
  5. Six Shooter- 5th Shot for James Patterson
  6. 2020 TBR  #2020TBRReadingChallenge #16 Africa
  7. TBR Book #46  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon

No comments:

Post a Comment