Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Beaches Bungalows and Burglaries


I found a new cozy mystery series by Tonya Kappes that is set in a campgroud in Kentucky.   The Camper and Criminals series centers around Mae West, yes the name is campy, maybe that's to go with the theme of the mysteries :)   She has recently relocated to KY from NYC and has had a significant downsize in her lifestyle from post 5th Ave to only having the camper and campground to her name due to her husband's nefarious financial scheme.  She slowly finds herself growing to like her new surroundings and friends who have come to her rescue to help resurrect the campground. 

I found the characters very engaging and felt as though I could relate to the way they all adapted to each other.  It was also very easy to feel the emotions Mae was feeling from her change of circumstances and you could see her evolve as she adapted to her new environment. 

I look forward to reading the other 12 books in the series.  They all appear to be in Kindle Unlimited


Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries by Tonya Kappes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun book with a good background for setup to the murders it incorporates. I enjoyed the characters and the relationships Ms Koppes developed between them. My only reason I refrained from the 5th star was the solution felt a bit abrupt to me. I did enjoy the parallel story and the setup it provided for future books in the series I look forward to reading more and getting to know these characters even more.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Literary Escapes- KY
  2. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  #65
  3. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice #20
  4. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tag 
  5. Six Shooter-  New target 25


No comments:

Post a Comment