Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Queen of Suspense Does it again

I always enjoy reading books by Mary Higgins Clark and  Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry keeps up that trend.  I am saddened to know that she won't be writing anymore for us to enjoy.  Although I do enjoy the ones her daughter Carol writes as well so hopefully we have many more of those to look forward to.    My full review of Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry is linked below.  Overall I enjoyed the book



Kiss the Girls and Make Them CryKiss the Girls and Make Them Cry by Mary Higgins Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book as I always do with stories by Mary Higgins Clark. I thought it was a good balance of addressing the MeToo topic without being too in your face on the subject. While I did figure out who was the guilty party, it took a while to surmise. The different aspects of the storyline worked well together and the story did a nice job of jumping between present day and going back in time to set up the current situation. My only complaint was the ending felt rushed. It was like the book was getting too long so Ms Clark felt she needed to rush to wrap it up. Other than that I really enjoyed the book


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book 20
  2. Cloak and  Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal : Book  15
  3. Calendar of Crime-  #CalendarOfCrime2020  Mar  #7 Title has a word beginning in M
  4.  Medical Examiner-  3 Toe Tag 
  5. Six Shooter-  New Target
  6. Mystery Bingo:  
    • Weapons card :  Drowning
    • Crime Scenes: Island (Aruba); Bathroom
  7. Around the Year in 52 Books- #49 Prompt that didn't win-  A book with a theme of discrimination, persecution or prejudice (eg. race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity)
  8. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #11 A book that leaves you thinking
  9. 2020 TBR  #2020TBRReadingChallenge #7 by a dead author
  10. TBR Book #15    #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon 
  11. Wizarding World Tour  
    • Durmstrang:  Dark cover
  12. Monthly Keyword-  #MonthlyKeyWordChallenge  "GIRL"

No comments:

Post a Comment