Saturday, February 1, 2020

Enjoyable visit to Narnia

I decided to reread C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for some January challenge prompts.  I last read this book when I was in elementary school.  The specific copy I read was originally a gift from my grandmother.  The most wonderful thing about that, is she always wrote a note in the front of any books she gave me.  So, I got to enjoy that momento as well as the book itself.


Here is my review on Goodreads.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed revisiting a childhood favorite. I had taken a college course on children’s literature that discussed the correlation between the Narnia series and religion. I hadn’t read this installment in that context so this reread definitely allowed me to see those parallels. Beyond that the level of detail in the descriptions is amazing. The edition I read had some wonderful illustrations as well.

All in all enjoyed this reread


View all my reviews

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:

  1. Monthly Motif   #MonthlyMotifGXO   
    • JANUARY-  Winter Wonderland  Narnia is definitively  a wondrous location.  The magical feel of the land comes alive and well in Lewis' descriptions.  
  2. Color Coded:  #6-  Black cover
  3. 20 in 20 #Read20in2020 #13 An Illustrated Book
  4. 52 Books in 52 weeks  #34 A book with illustrations
  5. NJM #NJMBookChallenge2020  #14 a book with images:
  6. Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist2020  #10 Cover redesign is Better
  7. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge  #19 Book with only words on the cover
  8. Around the Year in 52 Books- #19  A fantasy book
  9. 2020 TBR  #2020TBRReadingChallenge #21 a fantasy book
  10. Wizarding World Tour 
    • Castelbruxo- Read a book that contains a magical creature
  11. Book List Queen #16  Reread a Childhood Favorite
  12. Alphabet soup Author- #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge  "L"
  13. TBR Book #9  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon




No comments:

Post a Comment