Saturday, September 5, 2020

Duplicity at the Dive Shack

Another fun adventure in the Philippines.  Donna Amis Davis continues to capture the charm of the islands and the people of the Philippines in this next installment of the Dive Shack series.  I enjoy reading these so much that I fly through them in a day, most of it in a single sitting.

I finder her characters to be realistic and you can really feel the emotions they are feeling during the story.  Much of what they experience is normal everyday things most of us go through as well.  Apart from Shelby's knack to stumble onto crimes, I think many of us can relate to the things she and her friends experience.  

I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series as soon as I read my book club book for the month.   

Duplicity at the Dive ShackDuplicity at the Dive Shack by Donna Amis Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

Another great installment in series

This book is the second in the series set in Palawan in the Philippines. You do not need to read the first one to enjoy this cozy mystery. The story continues to develop the relationships between Shelby and her new friends. Several mysteries surround them and one of the unique things about this story is The Who did it isn’t necessarily the center of the story, but rather the why and details are much of the story development. It is easy to relate to Shelby and her curiosity and actions. I look forward to reading the next book in the series 

View all my reviews

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  
  1. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  77
  2. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice 26
  3. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tag 
  4. Six Shooter- 2nd shot 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment