Monday, September 14, 2020

Map of books to read in 4th quarter

I decided it might be a good idea to make a listing of the books I have in my queue for meeting challenge prompts.  I admit I tend to be distracted by the shiny books that show up in my inbox for ebooks.  Plus when I head to the library I tend to come home with more books that I had returned.  Basically I don't think I have every met a book I didn't want to find out about and pretty much any cozy freebie lands in my kindle account.

As I head into the last quarter of the year I decided I might need to focus my attention on completing my challenges.  Additionally, there are some specific dated challenges that I need to make sure I address at the appropriate time. 

That being said I am trying to lay out a timeline of books I need to read in the next bit of time so I don't get too distracted by all the tempting choices.


September

1-   Vox by Christina Dalcher 
  • Girl XOXO award book
  • popsugar #32 made up language
  • what's in a name 4 letters or less
  • A to Z- V

2-   And then there were none by Agatha Christie  Sept 27th week
  • Read banned book in banned book week-   popsugar #39

3-   Disney's Land by Richard Snow
  • Girls XOXO Motif-  when text just isn't enough 
  • NF history
  •  Booklist Queen # 33 Nonfiction topic you love
  • 20in20 #10  NF Book with 11 characters
4-  The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani
  • Around the Year # 31- A book inspired by a leading news story
  • Booklist Queen # 19 Based on a true story
  • 20in20 #14 translated to English
  • NJM #16  translated from another language
  • while I was reading #3 translated from another language
  • Beat the Backlist author Intl to you
  • 2020TBR #6 originally written in a foreign language
  • wizarding world Castelobruxo  - read a book translated into your language

Keyword challenge  Star, Cry, She, Window, Forever, Eye



Oct-  The Boys in the Boat   By Daniel James Brown  
  • 2020TBR #10 winner Booker Award
  • Wizarding World Mahoutokoro - involving a sport
  • 20in20 #16 has to do with sports
  • Booklist Queen #29 about sports


Greenwood by Michael Christie
  • Book set in future

Nov-  Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine  winner of Specsavers National Book Awards UK


No comments:

Post a Comment