Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Danger at the Dive Shack

 

Reading this cozy by Donna Amis Davis made me want to travel back to Palawan in the Philippines all over again.  I had the opportunity to visit there in 2013 and it was beautiful.  I would love to go back there and spend an extended period of time there.  At the time I visited I didn't know how to Scuba but now I am certified and would love to dive there.  The snorkeling was amazing so I can only imagine our spectacular the diving is there.  

The resort that Shelby and Jesse are staying at reminds me of the location we visited for the day.  Davis' writing captures the laid back spirit of the area and absolutely portrays the Filipino people as the wonderful, friendly culture they are.   The mystery that surrounds the Shelby was well written and leaves your trying to solve the mystery along with her.  The character development of her growing circle of friends is well done and makes the reader wish they could join in on the coffee chats they have.  The emotions and vulnerability Shelby experiences are realistic and I could easily envision feeling that same way if I was in a new home trying to meet new friends.

I cannot wait to read more in the series.  I highly recommend this book if you are at all a beach person and a lover of a good group of girlfriends.    


Danger at the Dive ShackDanger at the Dive Shack by Donna Amis Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

A great cozy mystery. Loved the characters of Shelby and Jesse. It is fun to read about her budding friendship with the ladies she meets in Palawan. The characters are easy to relate to and feel very much like real people. The mystery was a good one with several twists

This book really intrigued me as I am a recent PADi certified diver and I became even more excited when I read it was set in Palawan. I have visited and cannot wait to return someday. 
I look forward to reading more in the series 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Literary Escapes-  Philippines
  2. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  75
  3. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice 24
  4. Medical Examiner-  2 Toe Tag 
  5. Six Shooter- new target 32

No comments:

Post a Comment