Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant

I selected this memoir by Roz Chast to fit the graphic novel memoir prompt for the challenge.  I ended up finding this book very relatable.  The author discusses caring for her aging parents.  She points out some of the aspects of handling it that are unique to being an only child so I could especially appreciate this piece.  The family dynamics can me pause and allowed me to reflect on my own family and to see the situation from a different perspective.

I am glad I read this memoir.  Her humorous approach helped discuss a tricky topic in a good fashion.



Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant?Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant? by Roz Chast
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a very interesting approach to a difficult topic. I suggest anyone with aging parents read this book. It does a great job of showing that you are not alone in this progression and Chast does a good job of presenting the material in a funny manner without belittling the topic

Glad I read it


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #71
  2. 20 in 20 #Read20in2020 #17 illustrated book
  3. Wizarding World Tour  possible categories
    • Mahoutokoro: Graphic Novel
  4. Memoir  Graphic Novel Memoir
  5. Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist2020 #24 indie book
  6. TBR Book #44 #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon

No comments:

Post a Comment